WACSS offers several programs in literacy. We provide programs for early learners, kindergarteners, elementary school students, as well as middle school students. We offer a summer program for referred grade 1-3 students. In addition, we also provide after-school homework programs at Clearbrook Elementary, Ten-Broeck Elementary, and Terry Fox Elementary.
Why is literacy so important?
Literacy is about more than just words and meaning. It is important because it affects peoples’ lives directly by:
- Increasing chances of employment
- Leading to better jobs and increased income
- Increasing productivity in school and at work.
- Reducing poverty and lowering unemployment
- Encouraging better parenting
- Increasing quality of life
- Increasing student confidence
Literacy is an essential skill that affects all aspects of our daily lives!
You can browse our literacy programs below.
Little Rascals – FREE program – for Preschoolers w/parents
Reading Rascals – FREE program – for Kindergarten students w/parents
Creative Writer’s Club – for grades 4-8
SCampeER – for referred grade 1-3 students